27.10.15

relationships


we've all seen it. 

all the social media posts of cute couples. instagram has accounts devoted to making young girls desperate for love jealous. and for changing the healthy view on relationships.

lately i've been struggling with the title 'single'. i felt that i need a guy to be happy or feel content. 

and how can i call myself a Christian when that is my attitude on dating? God is my only need, he is what fulfils my emptiness. a guy can't, and neither can chocolate (sorry all chocolate lovers, you may shame me in the comments). 

it took me a long time to be content with what i had and accept God's awesome plan for my life. i learnt that God has an amazing guy planned for me (and you!!) in the future and we only need to be patient. God will show me when it is the right time to date, and he will bring us to the right guy. we need only be still and pray. 

much love,
miss h

2 comments:

  1. Oh honey, I've been there. The struggle of wanting someone other than God to make you happy. And then I got someone, and with a shock I found out having a boyfriend does not make your life feel picture perfect, nor does it make you happier than you would've been without him. Maybe it wasn't the right guy, but I personally think boyfriend are overrated while my God, my Saviour, is severely underrated. If you place your whole life, and I mean your love life included, in His hands, you can truly sit back and trust Him to meet the right guy at the right time. (and I know that this is easier said than done, but it's a surrender you should fight for.)

    Love,
    Nine xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true and pin points exactly where I am at right now. God keeps telling me over and over again that he's all I need, and what you said is so true <3
      Love you xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! You have made my day a little bit brighter!! :)
Please remember to not use unGodly words and to make sure your comment is pleasing to God.
Thank you so much!!!
<3
God Bless,
Miss H