31.1.17

a slightly different post...

To start off, here is a little bit of background info:

As a Christian, I tend to lean to the right side of politics. This side holds ideals such as anti-abortion and values similar to Christian morals.

Or so I thought. 

I was added into this Facebook group with supporters of the right side. Then I posted a post saying 'views on immunisation?'. It isn't really a discussed topic but I was interested to see what people thought.

Well, I regret my curiosity. 

I started by saying I wasn't really supportive of compulsory immunisation as I believe parents should have a choice. I know a few people affected negatively due to immunisation and that has formed my opinion yet I stated I just wanted to know what other people thought. 

The response I got was horrid. People opted straight to swearing and saying how could I be so dumb? They were obviously pro-immunisation but they were so rude and completely disrespectful. I have an opinion, just as everyone else does and I have a right to that. I have a right to share it and I have a right to be respected. I have grown up in different situations with different experiences of course my beliefs will be different! 

What I am trying to say is mainly that I realised through that little post how un-Christian our society has become. People's beliefs are so different from mine, even though we may be on the same side of politics. People are so quick to judge and disrespect that they don't even take note of the person they are driving away. 

I see people trying to be respectful of other people's beliefs and opinions yet receiving no respect back. I hate how easily offended we are and how its almost as if we can't live with each other anymore. Two people with differing ideals will just bicker and I wish we could realise that there are 7 billion people on this planet and there is bound to be a mass amount of different views.

We are a society divided, a political mess and what appears to be a bunch of middle school minded people just waiting for the next argument they can join. We are so defensive yet so individualised. So different yet to similar. A history repeating itself. 

Anyways, I am sorry for this vent, I suppose I just needed somewhere to get it all out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! You have made my day a little bit brighter!! :)
Please remember to not use unGodly words and to make sure your comment is pleasing to God.
Thank you so much!!!
<3
God Bless,
Miss H